Our roots are enshrined within children and families work; Carter Brown was set up by two Children’s Guardians in 2001, capturing the demand for a high-quality service, offering specialised expert witness assessments for family law cases.
Since this time, we have developed, diversified and expanded our services across the UK to become the largest provider of multidisciplinary assessments, widening our specialism to include reporting directly to Local Authorities and within Criminal Law, Asylum and Immigration, Mental Health Tribunals, Panels and Pre Proceedings.
In 2019, Carter Brown proudly joined the Antser Group, an integrated organisation, delivering transformation in health, education and social care.
- Provide a full range of administrative activities e.g. collection and distribution of mail, responding to mail and franking, typing and drafting correspondence and reports to facilitate the efficient and effective operation of the service
- Managing Incoming and outgoing post
- Filing, photocopying and shredding
- Ordering and managing stationery and office supplies
- Database entry, keeping records up to date as required
- Accurate typing of letters and documents
- To be a first point of contact for customers; ensuring all enquires are dealt with promptly, effectively and courteously, directing more complex enquires to the appropriate person
- Taking inbound calls and distributing to the relevant individual or department
- Sending out reference requests for specified local authorities and chasing up overdue responses
- Supporting relevant teams with administration tasks
- Saving of and secure emailing of court documentation to relevant case files for the expert/case
- Logging of referral enquiries taken by phone/email/website onto the database for the Referrals Team
- Logging of reports received to the service onto the database and saving the documentation to the case file for the QA team
- Supporting teams with general ad hoc administrative support
- Preparation and printing of marketing, training and other company information packs as required
- Assisting in the maintenance and updating of the central customer database
- Accurately maintain Carter Brown Business Information Systems
- To assist and work with the Senior Administrator/Office Manager to assist with the efficient organisation of the premises including supplies, equipment and onsite contractor maintenance visits
- Act as a point of contact for our customers and portray a positive, professional and helpful image of the organisation and ensure safeguarding and complaints are managed in line with procedures
- Ensure all email communications to staff and external agencies are presented within the guidelines of the company’s electronic communications policy
- Undertake reception/switchboard duties where appropriate
Working in Partnerships:
- Attend and participate at team meetings
- Present a professional image of Carter Brown at all times to all stakeholders and customers
- Communicate with a wide range of audiences and delivering excellent customer service at all times
- Process assessor invoices for completed cases, ensuring that all key information is present so accounts team can authorise payment
- Send out client agreements to all relevant parties per case
- Effectively communicate with the accounts team when issues arise
- Book meeting rooms on the premises and using external meeting facilities
- Ensure food and other refreshments are provided for meetings and training
- Undertake travel bookings for staff and managers, as required
Health & Safety:
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures are observed at all times
- Assist with undertaking building maintenance in conjunction with or as directed by the Office Manager where necessary
- The post holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post
- The post holder will be expected to reach a minimum basic standard of IT competence to be able to use Company electronic systems effectively
- The post holder will be expected to comply with the no smoking policy in place and ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment
- Ensuring compliance with safeguarding procedures, throughout all work within the Company, keeping the Office Manager informed of work in progress and informing immediately of any child protection matter or serious complaint.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Confidence when meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Genuine interest in the legal sector
- Understanding of GDPR and confidentiality
- Willingness to undertake a DBS check for the purpose of the role
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 8 to grade 4
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Laura Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Administrator Level 3 standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence, particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on-the-job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion, you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy, please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extensions 8799.
Level 3 (A level)