FosterTalk are currently looking to recruit a highly experienced administrator for our busy memberships department.
POST: Policy and Quality Assurance Advisor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Operations and Service
LOCATION: Home/office Based
HOURS: 35 hours per week. Monday- Friday 9am- 5pm
FosterTalk is a not for profit, independent organisation which has been established for 17 years. FosterTalk is an exciting and inspiring organisation to work for. We focus solely on providing high quality professional support services to foster carers. FosterTalk is one of the fastest growing support organisations delivering services on a national level
• Provide professional advice and information to FosterTalk staff and external partners
• Develop policy, documents, fact sheets and guides for the fostering community.
• Review and revise all FosterTalk policies & procedures in line with current legislation and best practice requirements
• Investigate Complaints under FosterTalk’s Complaints & Representation Procedures as required
• Provide relevant news and policy content for company websites
• Support on responses to media where appropriate
• Produce written or verbal reports as necessary
• Undertake other tasks and projects as required.
POLICY & PROCEDURE
• Monitor and assess the effect of changes in legislation and recommend changes in policy and practice when necessary/appropriate
• Provide advice and information to colleagues on any policy matters associated with FosterTalk’s key areas of business
• Consult and negotiate with key stakeholders in the public and private sectors on behalf of FosterTalk, including local and national government departments as required
• Provide briefing papers on key policy areas for Managers and Advisors as required
• Develop resources around foster and support with the development of new training courses
• Undertake ongoing quality assurance monitoring and review of all FosterTalk services/activities and communications as and when required
• Project manage external accreditation processes as and when required
• Contribute to tendering processes as required
• Contribute to the review and evaluation of services delivered and to the development of new services
• Provide updated content as necessary
• Ensure Consultations and News announcements re policy changes in the four UK Countries are up to date
• Communicate changes to relevant staff/managers
• The post holder agrees to work those hours necessary to complete the job.
• The post holder will be required to be aware of and comply with policies and procedures set down by Foster Talk including but not limited to Health & Safety Policies and Equal Opportunities Policies.
• The post holder will be required to maintain strict confidentiality in relation to the work undertaken, in accordance with FosterTalk’s information sharing/confidentiality policy
• The post holder will be required to attend and participate in team meetings, training courses, supervision sessions and appraisals, as deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post.
This job description is produced to assist the post holder in identifying his/her main duties. It may include other tasks which from time to time may be allocated after consultation with the post holder and with regard to the level of responsibility appropriate to the position.